Toradex ® is a leader in embedded computing, serving innovative products to industrial, medical, automotive & IoT companies creating feature-rich & intelligent systems for demanding applications, e.g. supercars, self-driving tractors, patient monitoring systems – to name a few. Our products are directly sold to more than 3'000 industrial customers in over 70 different countries worldwide.
We are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer owning and driving local sales activities in the European region. The responsibility encompasses all steps from identifying potential leads down to maintaining long-lasting relations with customers. The successful candidate will utilize a full array of sales and account management tools to achieve sustainable, profitable growth in its Sales region.
In this position, you will be the voice of our customers and collaborate with application engineers and development teams as well as our technology partners. Strong communication & technical skills are necessary to showcase the superior value of solutions designed with Toradex products. Occasional travel will be required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Systematically drive the overall sales process from identifying leads to the successful commissioning of projects and support services.
- Visit customers on-site, showcase the superior technical values of Toradex' s products and provide pre-sales support together with Field Applications Engineers.
- Maintain long-term relations with customers and become their trusted, reliable partner and key interface to Toradex.
- Track assigned opportunities, capture customer requirements and project progress. Perform periodical customer follow-ups where required.
- Identify profitable sales potential and present solutions based on Toradex' s products and services.
- Travel for exhibitions, conferences and customer visits (up to 20%)
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Passionate about turning a customer's idea into a real product with the help of Toradex' s products
- Strong focus on consultative selling: creating value and trust with the prospect and exploring their needs before proposing suitable solutions
- Proven ability to work with customers at all levels, from engineering to management and executive
- Understanding and identifying areas of potential risks in a project, such a missing or ambiguous requirements, and helping to minimize or eliminate such risks through pro-active communication and problem solving
- Ability to capture and systematically document customer requirements for review with application engineers and development teams
- Project management skills: ability to systematically plan, track, execute and record
- High-integrity, self-driven team player and thorough professional
- Fluent English (C1) and German (B2) language skills in reading / writing / speaking / presenting; Additional languages like French, Italian or Spanish are of advantage
- Experience with Arm computer systems
- Ability to provide technical product demonstrations
- Basic software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Broad experience with requirements analysis & system-level design
- Comprehension of computer hardware fundamentals and component datasheets
- Familiarity with industrial interfaces such as I2C/SPI/UART/CAN/USB/SDIO/Ethernet
- Experience with embedded operating systems such as Embedded Linux, QNX or other OS
What we offer:
- An agile and inter-cultural work environment
- Working with Top-of-the-edge technology and world-class engineers
- Participation in defining processes and your working environment
- Contemporary employment conditions, modern office space and a flexible working environment
- Opportunities for your personal development