As one of the world’s leaders in industrial chemistry, Clariant creates value with innovative and sustainable chemical products and solutions for customers from different industries. With a multi-billion Swiss Francs, annual global spend, Group Procurement Services (GPS) provide a full range of best-in-class services that empower Business Units to expand their markets, drive innovation as well as capture and leverage suppliers.
To take over the responsibility for the procurement of petrochemicals in EMEA we are looking for a Category Manager - Petrochemicals EMEAI to lead this strategic part of our business. You will be a key partner to our business units, providing sage advice regarding market trends and insightful recommendations to meet all of our key targets. You will be personally driven by the quest to add value and will be a champion for supporting the growth of new renewable technologies.
- You will lead the strategic procurement team for Petrochemicals EMEAI by offering guidance and ensuring the achievement of targets.
- You will be primarily focused on developing and executing procurement strategies in close collaboration with your key stakeholders and lead the category strategy process
- Responsibility for developing, influencing, maintaining supplier relationships and Key Supplier program elements including business risk assessments and mitigation
- Maintaining and strengthening effective lines of communication with your stakeholders will be a key to your long-term success.
- Through close interaction with the Business (Business Management and Operations), you will help determine future raw materials and create an adaptive strategy to meet those needs.
- You will actively conduct market research, actively optimizing our supplier base and identify alternative raw materials
- You will lend your expertise to innovation projects and new business development activities.
- Our corporate sustainability program is very important to us and you will drive further initiatives for renewable technologies within procurement in cooperation with other regions.
- You will lead negotiations with suppliers and ultimately reaching agreements on contracts, NDA, QA, QNS, etc.
- By continuously monitoring market development you will be able to forecasts prices of strategic products. With this data, you will compile monthly reports for the business and direct potential changes.
- Responsibility for implementing bundling projects towards supply markets/suppliers will lie with you
- You will oversee and participate in cross-functional teams taking part in International Lean Sigma projects, e.g. as a Champion, Green Belt, or Team member
- You will take ownership for creating & maintaining contract master data
- You will encourage the uptake of best practices within the department and across Clariant
- Higher university degree in Chemistry, Chemical engineering or similar, and ideally partnered with university education in Business Administration
- You will bring multiple years of experience working within the petrochemical/chemical industry and have a refined understanding of the dynamics in the up- and/or downstream value chain of this market.
- Ideally, you will have a successful track record of implementing procurement strategy in this specific field
- An innate hunger for improvement both personal and departmental
- Proven negotiation skills in highly technical and commercial environments
- Proficient in SAP, e-Procurement Tools, and MS Office
- Excellent communication skills fluent in English with other languages beneficial
- Experience with tools such as Agile and Lean Six Sigma.
- Highly interesting, versatile and challenging work environment.
- High degree of flexibility in your activities and tasks
- Attractive remuneration and excellent employee benefits
- We provide the benefits of a modern company
- Tailored trainings to support your development needs